This section situates is in our article middle for good reason. Very often the name is the result of a well-thought-out strategy and a created brand legend. But not always. Anyway, here are some criteria for a good brand name:
- Uniqueness. Any name will need to be checked not only on the Internet but also in the patent bureau to make sure that you have a right to use it;
- It should sound good. Simple but very important recommendation. Use the future name in different contexts to test the sound;
- The name should not be in tune with already well-known brands such as Jamazon and Papple;
- The name should be short and clear. This is a guarantee that the brand name can easily arise in people's memory. Often, names use 1 word, 2-3 ones are less often. If more, then this is either a very conceptual brand, which is based on the desire to stand out, including the name, or it is an unsuccessful name;
- Free domain name. If the name is taken in the .com zone, then pay attention to other domain zones like .pro.;
- Meaningfulness. If the name meets all the previous criteria, it is important to make sure that it carries meaning for you and for those who are around you.
An example of creating a name for the creative design studio Lime Queen. We used all the criteria listed above - a short, unique name with a free domain in the .com zone. But this is half the battle because we wanted the name to reveal our ideas and be associated with what we do for our clients. On the one hand, we wanted to reflect the uncompromisingly high quality of service and results, and we wanted to express creativity and freshness of ideas, on the other hand.
We started generating a tag cloud around these images. We realized that the word Queen evokes the needed emotions in us - elegance, self-confidence and a charming look. But this word alone was not enough for the brand name. We started to think, what kind of Queen is this? After going through many options, we realized that Lime perfectly revives the status of the queen and brings the balance that we wanted.
The visualization was another technique we used. We imagined our portfolio with project covers and realized that they perfectly associate with this name. Finally, we imagined whether our customers would be comfortable and pleasant to associate themselves with such a studio?
It would be good to finish our short excursion into Naming with the following phrase: When you have the right name, you can feel it. It's like a new soft sweater that fits perfectly.